Background
I am using yarn as a package manager and I am attempting to create a mono-repo for a react-native application in conjunction with a web application using a common repo like so.
Issue
I am using yarn workspaces. I cd'ed into the common directory and ran yarn link and then went into the app directory and linked the package name like with this command yarn link "@wow/common". Everything seemed to work as "@wow/common" showed up in mono-repo/packages/app/node_modules. I ran yarn react-native start --reset-cachethenyarn android` and I still receive this error.
yarn run v1.22.4
$ react-native start
###### ######
### #### #### ###
## ### ### ##
## #### ##
## #### ##
## ## ## ##
## ### ### ##
## ######################## ##
###### ### ### ######
### ## ## ## ## ###
### ## ### #### ### ## ###
## #### ######## #### ##
## ### ########## ### ##
## #### ######## #### ##
### ## ### #### ### ## ###
### ## ## ## ## ###
###### ### ### ######
## ######################## ##
## ### ### ##
## ## ## ##
## #### ##
## #### ##
## ### ### ##
### #### #### ###
###### ######
Welcome to React Native!
Learn once, write anywhere
To reload the app press "r"
To open developer menu press "d"
[Tue Apr 07 2020 22:20:19.850] BUNDLE ./index.js
error: Error: Unable to resolve module `@wow/common` from `App.tsx`: @wow/common could not be found within the project.
If you are sure the module exists, try these steps:
1. Clear watchman watches: watchman watch-del-all
2. Delete node_modules: rm -rf node_modules and run yarn install
3. Reset Metro's cache: yarn start --reset-cache
4. Remove the cache: rm -rf /tmp/metro-*
at ModuleResolver.resolveDependency (/home/dkendall/Projects/personal/react-projs/mono-repo/packages/app/node_modules/metro/src/node-haste/DependencyGraph/ModuleResolution.js:186:15)
at ResolutionRequest.resolveDependency (/home/dkendall/Projects/personal/react-projs/mono-repo/packages/app/node_modules/metro/src/node-haste/DependencyGraph/ResolutionRequest.js:52:18)
at DependencyGraph.resolveDependency (/home/dkendall/Projects/personal/react-projs/mono-repo/packages/app/node_modules/metro/src/node-haste/DependencyGraph.js:287:16)
at Object.resolve (/home/dkendall/Projects/personal/react-projs/mono-repo/packages/app/node_modules/metro/src/lib/transformHelpers.js:267:42)
at dependencies.map.result (/home/dkendall/Projects/personal/react-projs/mono-repo/packages/app/node_modules/metro/src/DeltaBundler/traverseDependencies.js:434:31)
at Array.map (<anonymous>)
at resolveDependencies (/home/dkendall/Projects/personal/react-projs/mono-repo/packages/app/node_modules/metro/src/DeltaBundler/traverseDependencies.js:431:18)
at /home/dkendall/Projects/personal/react-projs/mono-repo/packages/app/node_modules/metro/src/DeltaBundler/traverseDependencies.js:275:33
at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
at asyncGeneratorStep (/home/dkendall/Projects/personal/react-projs/mono-repo/packages/app/node_modules/metro/src/DeltaBundler/traverseDependencies.js:87:24)
Done in 20.64s.
Here is my package.json for @wow/common
{
"name": "@wow/common",
"description": "Common codebase for web and native apps",
"version": "1.0.0",
"main": "dist/index.js",
"scripts": {
"test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1",
"build": "tsc"
},
"keywords": [],
"author": "",
"license": "ISC",
"dependencies": {
"@types/react-native": "0.62.1",
"bufferutil": "^4.0.1",
"react": "^16.11.0",
"react-native": "^0.62.1",
"utf-8-validate": "^5.0.2"
}
}
What I tried
I tried all the recommend steps in the error output
1. Clear watchman watches: watchman watch-del-all
2. Delete node_modules: rm -rf node_modules and run yarn install
3. Reset Metro's cache: yarn start --reset-cache
4. Remove the cache: rm -rf /tmp/metro-*
I tried using import {App} from '../common/dist/index.js' as opposed to import {App} from '@wow/common'
If anyone can offer any solutions, I would greatly appreciate it.
