I am trying to add language based settings for several languages. In order to do so, I modified the file settings.json (see Configure language based settings in VS Code for more information) as follows:
{
"editor.tabSize": 4,
"editor.detectIndentation": false,
"editor.formatOnSave": true,
"vsicons.dontShowNewVersionMessage": false,
"[dart]": {
"editor.tabSize": 2
},
"[typescript]": {
"editor.tabSize": 4
},
"[c]": {
"editor.tabSize": 4
}
}
As you can see, I have the tab size option set to 2 for Dart and to 4 for other languages. The default value for indentation is 4 and "editor.detectIndentation" is disabled. But for some reason the editor doesn't get these settings:
For this reason, IndentRainbow extension does not work properly. On the bar below you can see that VS code still has "4" for tab size.
If I change the global setting for the tab size (editor.tabSize), VS Code just set the new value, e.g., 2 and I have then in all files and for all languages this value for indentation. I also tried to restart VS Code after settings were changed, it didn't help. What can I do to make what I want work properly?
settings.json is saved in C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Code\User\