unzip multiple zip files from within one biz zip file using Git Bash command line

Viewed 497

I am new to this forum and new to working with Git Bash command line windows application. I have a task at hand that require to keep code in Git Hub. So start using Gitbash to transfer files to GitHub. I am having a problem to automate unzipping the code that i get from my Dev team. They send me a biz zip file with multiple zip files inside as a package / collection of zip files in a big zip file. e.g. the big zip file will contain: WebCode.zip SQL.zip SSIS.zip Reports.zip Release notes.docx

My Challenge is that, how can I unzip file: BigZipFIle.zip and its contents all in one shot: under GitBash command line prompt:

unzip -o BigZipFIle.zip

gives me folders:

WebCode.zip
SQL.zip
SSIS.zip
Reports.zip

what I actually want to do is to have a script that would:

unzip BigZipFIle.zip in the same folder c:\bigZipFile\ unzip all additional zipped folders: go into each folder, pickup the unzipped files transfer to GitHub respective folder, I have similar folder structure in github I would really appreciate if some can help me create a script.

Thank you, Nad

0 Answers
Related