I am struggling with tweaking a plot, I have been working on. I am facing to two problems:
- The plots should be adjacent and with 0 wspace and hspace. I set both values to zero but still there are some spaces between the plots.
- I would like to have one colorbar for all the subplots (they all the same range). Right now, the code adds a colorbar to the last subplot as i understand that it needs the third return value of hist2D.
Here is my code so far:
def plot_panel(pannel_plot):
fig, ax = plt.subplots(3, 2, figsize=(7, 7), gridspec_kw={'hspace': 0.0, 'wspace': 0.0}, sharex=True, sharey=True)
fig.subplots_adjust(wspace=0.0)
ax = ax.flatten()
xmin = 0
ymin = 0
xmax = 0.19
ymax = 0.19
hist2_num = 0
h =[]
for i, j in zip(pannel_plot['x'].values(), pannel_plot['y'].values()):
h = ax[hist2_num].hist2d(i, j, bins=50, norm=LogNorm(vmin=1, vmax=5000), range=[[xmin, xmax], [ymin, ymax]])
ax[hist2_num].set_aspect('equal', 'box')
ax[hist2_num].tick_params(axis='both', top=False, bottom=True, left=True, right=False,
labelsize=10, direction='in')
ax[hist2_num].set_xticks(np.arange(xmin, xmax, 0.07))
ax[hist2_num].set_yticks(np.arange(ymin, ymax, 0.07))
hist2_num += 1
fig.colorbar(h[3], orientation='vertical', fraction=.1)
plt.show()
And the corrsiponding result:
I would be glad for any heads up that i am missing!

