I connect via SSH to an external server running Debian v5.0.4. Since last week, if I mis-spell a command - for example, 'cd..' instead of 'cd ..', or 'exti' instead of 'exit' - the command line hangs. Nothing I've tried unhangs it. Instead, I have to close the terminal window and start again. Just before this started, I installed 'Anaconda2', so I wondered if this is somehow responsible as I know it can have unintended consequences. Please note that I did use this command when installing conda:
conda config --set auto_activate_base false
Here's what I've tried to fix it so far:
Whilst hanging:
- Ctrl+C
- Ctrl+K
- Ctrk+J
- Return
- Esc
Whilst not hanging:
- reset
- Deleted text block added to '.bashrc' by Conda
- Added 'set -x' to .bashrc file
- Copied .bashrc from /etc/skel/.bashrc to home directory to set to default
- conda clean --all
- rm ~/Applications/anaconda2/ (a number of .nfs files remained, saying 'device busy'
- Removed hidden files in ~/ created by conda (.condarc)
I'm fresh out of ideas and no other queries of this nature have remained unsolved after attempting at least one of the above. Can anyone help me fix this problem, please?