Upload both conda and pypi packages with the same name on Anaconda cloud

Viewed 145

I have a python library that I have packaged as a conda and pypi packages:

  • mylibrary-1.0.0-py_0.tar.bz2 (conda)
  • mylibrary-1.0.0.tar.gz (pypi)

I want to upload these to anaconda cloud.

I have managed yo upload my conda package on my personal channel with:

anaconda upload mylibrary-1.0.0-py_0.tar.bz2

but when I try to upload the Pypi package I have the following error:

anaconda upload mylibrary-1.0.0.tar.gz
Using Anaconda API: https://api.anaconda.org
Using "myusername" as upload username
Processing 'upload mylibrary-1.0.0.tar.gz'
Detecting file type...
File type is "pypi"
Extracting python package attributes for upload
Creating package "mylibrary"
[ERROR] You already have a conda package named 'mylibrary'. Use a different name for this python package.

Is there an option to upload them both under the same name so I can install it with either pip or conda ? The only solution I see is to package my Pypi file under a different name which will be confusing for the users.

0 Answers
Related