I have a elasticsearch 7.6.1 docker container which i want to run on port 9400,9500 port.
This is the docker run command I have used.
docker run -d --name elasticsearch761v2 -v /data/dump/:/usr/share/elasticsearch/data
-p 9400:9400 -p 9500:9500 -e "discovery.type=single-node" elasticsearch:7.6.1
Which gives the below output.
docker ps -a | grep elastic
idofcontainer elasticsearch:7.6.1 "/usr/local/bin/docke" 18 minutes ago Up 4 minutes
9200/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9400->9400/tcp, 9300/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9500->9500/tcp elasticsearch761v2
I have also set the elasticsearch.yml setting to below.
[root@idofcontainer config]# vi elasticsearch.yml
cluster.name: "docker-cluster"
network.host: 0.0.0.0
transport.tcp.port: 9400
I have added Iptable entry for the above ports too.
The log for this container is :-
{"type": "server", "timestamp": "2020-04-06T08:25:22,684Z", "level": "INFO", "component": "o.e.c.r.a.AllocationService", "cluster.name": "docker-cluster", "node.name": "4196b5b23",
"message": "Cluster health status changed from [RED] to [GREEN] (reason: [shards started [[.kibana_task_manager_1][0], [.kibana_1][0]]]).", "cluster.uuid": "gx7s8R_PTUK4lFPPGBZA", "node.id": "XfLZnNNnQnAOHJnWdDQg" }
The Curl output is this :-
curl http://eserver:9400/_cat
This is not an HTTP port
Because of this, my kibana is also not able to reach the ES server. I have set the kibana.yml to point to the above port.
Kibana.yml
# Default Kibana configuration for docker target
server.name: kibana
server.host: "0"
elasticsearch.hosts: ["http://eserver:9400/"]
xpack.monitoring.ui.container.elasticsearch.enabled: true
The log of this kibana container.
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2020-04-06T08:49:14Z","tags":["warning","elasticsearch","admin"],"pid":7,"message":"Unable to revive connection: http://eserver:9400/"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2020-04-06T08:49:14Z","tags":["warning","elasticsearch","admin"],"pid":7,"message":"No living connections"}