Why is GitVersion Semver patch number offsetting automatically?

Viewed 229

Maybe a really silly question, but I'm new to GitVersion and trying to set it up in our repo for the first time. I created a branch off of the master branch feature/playing-with-gitversion, installed GitVersion via chocolatey and ran through the setup gitversion init. Gitflow and Mainline modes are what I configured the repo for. I would like to set the next-version variable to 1.0.30 (we had been doing semver manually and already used 1-29), but it keeps offsetting the patch number +60

Here is my GitVersion.yml file:

assembly-versioning-scheme: MajorMinorPatch
mode: Mainline
next-version: 1.0.30
branches:
  feature: {}
ignore:
  sha: []
merge-message-formats: {}

And here is what the semver ends up being:

gitversion /showvariable MajorMinorPatch                                                                                                                                                
1.0.90

I would really like gitversion to just honor the 1.0.30 from GitVersion.yml. I have tried clearing the cache and also trying gitversion /overrideconfig pre-release-weight=0 thinking that variable might be the culprit. What (hopefully) simple thing am I overlooking?

0 Answers
Related