Data not showing in Kibana Discovery Tab

Viewed 460

I'm using Kibana 7.5.2 and Elastic search 7.

My First approach: I'm sending log data and system data using fluentd and metricbeat respectively to my Kibana server. Everything working fine. I'm able to see data on the discovery page. But I had a large amount of data. so I added Kafka in between servers.

My second approach: Now I'm sending log data and system data to Kafka. and then from Kafka, I'm sending it to the Kibana server. For system data via metricbeat, I'm getting @timestamp field in Kibana, and for log data via fluent, I'm not getting @timestamp field.

If I'm running Kafka server individually for both one by one, everything works fine. but if I run both of them together. System data is not showing in the discovery tab.

Kibana index for system data: metricbeat-*

Kibana index for log data: prelive-data*

fluentd conf

<match laravel.**>
  @type kafka2

  # list of seed brokers
  brokers <my-Broker-ip>:9092
  <buffer topic>
    @type file
    path /var/log/td-agent/buffer/td
    flush_interval 3s
  </buffer>

  # topic settings

  # data type settings
  <format>
    @type json
  </format>
# topic settings
  topic_key prelive-data-log
  default_topic prelive-data-log

  # producer settings
  compression_codec gzip
        # max_send_retries 1
  required_acks -1
</match>

metricbeat.yml

#----------------------------- KAFKA --------------------------------
output.kafka:
#  # initial brokers for reading cluster metadata
  hosts: ["<my-broker-ip>:9092"]
  topic: 'metricbeat-7.6.0-2020.03.25-000001'

worker.properties of Kafka server for system data (metricbeat)

offset.storage.file.filename=/tmp/connectm.offsets
bootstrap.servers=:9092
offset.flush.interval.ms=10000
rest.port=10084
rest.host.name=localhost
rest.advertised.port=10085
rest.advertised.host.name=localhost
key.converter=org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter
value.converter=org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter
key.converter.schemas.enable=false
value.converter.schemas.enable=false
internal.key.converter.schemas.enable=false
internal.value.converter.schemas.enable=false
plugin.path=/usr/share/java

filesource.properties of Kafka server for system data (metricbeat)

name=config-name
connector.class=io.confluent.connect.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchSinkConnector
tasks.max=1
topics=metricbeat-7.6.0-2020.03.25-000001
key.ignore=true
schema.ignore=true
connection.url=http://<ES-IP>:9200
connection.username=username
connection.password=password
type.name=kafka-connect
~                         

worker.properties of Kafka server for system data (fluentd)

offset.storage.file.filename=/tmp/connectf.offsets
bootstrap.servers=:9092
offset.flush.interval.ms=10000
rest.port=10082
rest.host.name=localhost
rest.advertised.port=10083
rest.advertised.host.name=localhost
key.converter=org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter
value.converter=org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter
key.converter.schemas.enable=false
value.converter.schemas.enable=false
internal.key.converter.schemas.enable=false
internal.value.converter.schemas.enable=false
plugin.path=/usr/share/java

filesource.properties of kafka server for system data (fluentd)

name=<config-name>
connector.class=io.confluent.connect.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchSinkConnector
tasks.max=2
topics=prelive-data-log
key.ignore=true
schema.ignore=true
connection.url=http://<my-ES-ip>:9200
connection.username=username
connection.password=password
type.name=kafka-connect

I'm running my Kafka server /usr/bin/connect-standalone worker.properties filesource.properties

I have been stuck here for a week. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Answers
Related