Strimzi operator Kafka cluster ACL not enabling with type: simple

Viewed 1616

We know to enable Kafka ACL property authorizer.class.name=kafka.security.auth.SimpleAclAuthorizer to be added in server.properties but how to enable that if Kafka cluster is running by Strimzi operator?

From Strimzi documents I have come to know in order to enable authorization, need to enable below code for kind: Kafka under spec:

listeners:
      tls:
        authentication:
         type: tls 

Full code @kafka-zookeeper-apps-tls-enabled.yml

Also the below code for kind: KafkaUser

authentication:
    type: tls
  authorization:
    type: simple

Full code@example-consumer-deny-deployment-authentication-TLS-alias-SSL.yml

In above example-consumer-deny-deployment-authentication-TLS-alias-SSL.yml code although ACL type: deny am still able to consume messages.

Problem is even with the above code I see in kafka my-cluster-kafka-0 pod environment variable KAFKA_AUTHORIZATION_TYPE=simple is absent even the authorizer.class.name=kafka.security.auth.SimpleAclAuthorizer is absent in server.properties

Note: No Warnings/Errors in log of strimzi-cluster-operator pod while deploying above code.

I am working on Strimzi for 1st time so please help me enabling ACL's.

1 Answers
Related