I am trying out angularfire and their auth guards. I used their documentation to learn how to setup my auth guards. And everything seemed perfect, but then I noticed that in my login page angular material input fields aren't responding anymore. And there are no error messages in console. If I remove canActivate guard, then angular material input works. What could be the issue here, did I miss some step or I need some additional setup? I created a small demo app to test it and it had the same issue. demo app in github
app-routing.module.ts
import { NgModule } from '@angular/core';
import { Routes, RouterModule } from '@angular/router';
import {LoginComponent} from './login/login.component';
import {canActivate, redirectLoggedInTo, redirectUnauthorizedTo} from '@angular/fire/auth-guard';
import {DashboardComponent} from './dashboard/dashboard.component';
const redirectLoggedInToDashboard = () => redirectLoggedInTo(['dashboard']);
const redirectUnauthorizedToLogin = () => redirectUnauthorizedTo(['login']);
const routes: Routes = [
{path: '', redirectTo: 'login', pathMatch: 'full'},
{path: 'login', component: LoginComponent, ...canActivate(redirectLoggedInToDashboard)},
{path: 'dashboard', component: DashboardComponent, ...canActivate(redirectUnauthorizedToLogin)},
{path: '**', redirectTo: 'login'}
];
@NgModule({
imports: [RouterModule.forRoot(routes)],
exports: [RouterModule]
})
export class AppRoutingModule { }
login.component.html
<div class="login">
<mat-form-field appearance="legacy">
<mat-label>Legacy form field</mat-label>
<input matInput placeholder="Placeholder">
<mat-icon matSuffix>sentiment_very_satisfied</mat-icon>
<mat-hint>Hint</mat-hint>
</mat-form-field>
</div>
app.module.ts
import { BrowserModule } from '@angular/platform-browser';
import { NgModule } from '@angular/core';
import { AppRoutingModule } from './app-routing.module';
import { AppComponent } from './app.component';
import { AngularFireModule } from '@angular/fire';
import {environment} from '../environments/environment';
import {AngularFirestoreModule} from '@angular/fire/firestore';
import {AngularFireAnalyticsModule} from '@angular/fire/analytics';
import { LoginComponent } from './login/login.component';
import { DashboardComponent } from './dashboard/dashboard.component';
import { BrowserAnimationsModule } from '@angular/platform-browser/animations';
import {AngularFireAuthGuardModule} from '@angular/fire/auth-guard';
import {MatFormFieldModule} from '@angular/material/form-field';
import {MatIconModule} from '@angular/material/icon';
import {MatInputModule} from '@angular/material/input';
@NgModule({
declarations: [
AppComponent,
LoginComponent,
DashboardComponent,
],
imports: [
BrowserModule,
AppRoutingModule,
AngularFireModule.initializeApp(environment.firebase),
AngularFirestoreModule,
AngularFireAnalyticsModule,
BrowserAnimationsModule,
AngularFireAuthGuardModule,
MatFormFieldModule,
MatIconModule,
MatInputModule
],
providers: [],
bootstrap: [AppComponent]
})
export class AppModule { }
Update: After opening the console I get this warning: Navigation triggered outside Angular zone, did you forget to call 'ngZone.run()'?
