I am trying to install Gitlab from their official Helm chart gitlab/gitlab. One of the sub-charts is the bitnami/postgresql chart. I have access to the source code of both charts.
$ helm install gitlab gitlab/gitlab \
--set global.hosts.domain=mando \
--set global.hosts.externalIP=192.168.1.2 \
--set certmanager-issuer.email=my-email@gmail.com
--set global.edition=ce
When I try to install the Gitlab chart, several containers are created, and the PostgreSQL one fails to start due to an unbound PVC. I have tried creating several different PVs that might accommodate its requirement but none of them seem to work.
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Warning FailedScheduling 23s (x14 over 8m) default-scheduler error while running "VolumeBinding" filter plugin for pod "gitlab-postgresql-0": pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims
I can describe the PVC and get some information about it, but it's not clear from the output what is missing from my PVs or what I can do do make the claim successful.
[mando infra]$ kubectl describe pvc data-gitlab-postgresql-0
Name: data-gitlab-postgresql-0
Namespace: default
StorageClass:
Status: Pending
Volume:
Labels: app=postgresql
release=gitlab
role=master
Annotations: <none>
Finalizers: [kubernetes.io/pvc-protection]
Capacity:
Access Modes:
VolumeMode: Filesystem
Mounted By: gitlab-postgresql-0
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Normal FailedBinding 4m48s (x6324 over 26h) persistentvolume-controller no persistent volumes available for this claim and no storage class is set
So how can I find the PersistentVolumeClaim requirements when PV binding fails?