I have a master branch master and I've made some changes & commits into a branch called rmurphy. I found something that needs to change in master and want to
- Make a change in
master - Propagate the changes to branch
rmurphyas well - Avoid overwriting the new stuff in branch
rmurphywith the old stuff inmaster. (note there will not be a conflict) - Do it in PyCharm.
The last one is important:I want to learn learn how to work with this IDE to better communicate with my team.
About a week ago, my colleague explained that I would want to "merge master into branch" in this situation. (Unfortunately, this colleague will not be available for some time). But neither that terminology or other variants lead to helpful Google search results. Moreover, I have not found this use-case in my searching through forums and SO. Thanks in advance for your help.