I am using the scikit-learn implementation of Gaussian Process Regression here and I want to fit single points instead of fitting a whole set of points. But the resulting alpha coefficients should remain the same e.g.
gpr2 = GaussianProcessRegressor()
for i in range(x.shape[0]):
gpr2.fit(x[i], y[i])
should be the same as
gpr = GaussianProcessRegressor().fit(x, y)
But when accessing gpr2.alpha_ and gpr.alpha_, they are not the same. Why is that?
Indeed, I am working on a project where new data points arise. I dont want to append the x, y arrays and fit on the whole dataset again as it is very time intense. Let x be of size n, then I am having:
n+(n-1)+(n-2)+...+1 € O(n^2) fittings
when considering that the fitting itself is quadratic (correct me if I'm wrong), the run time complexity should be in O(n^3). It would be more optimal, if I do a single fitting on n points:
1+1+...+1 = n € O(n)