I have a ggplot with facets and colors. The colors are related to "ID" and the columns of the facets are related to "Type". One ID is always in the same Type but there are a different numbers of IDs in each Type. I would like to reset the colors with each column of the facets to have a bigger difference in the colors.
ggplot(data = plt_cont_em, aes(x = Jahr, y = Konz)) +
geom_point(aes(color=factor(ID))) +
facet_grid(Schadstoff_ID ~ Type, scales = "free_y")
Now it looks like:

I understand, that I have to introduce a dummy var for the color. But is there an easy way of numerating the IDs in each Type, starting in each Type with 1?
Since the data is confidential, I created dummy data that shows the same problem.
ID<-c()
Type<-c()
Jahr<-c()
Schadstoff<-c()
Monat<-c()
Konz<-c()
for (i in 1:25){
#i = ID
#t = Type
t<-sample(c("A","B","C"),1)
for (j in 1:5){
#j = Schadstoff
if(runif(1)<0.75){
for(k in 2015:2020){
#k = Jahr
for(l in 1:12){
#l = Monat
if(runif(1)<0.9){
ID<-c( ID,i)
Type<-c( Type,t)
Jahr<-c( Jahr,k)
Schadstoff<-c( Schadstoff,j)
Monat<-c( Monat,l)
Konz<-c( Konz,runif(1))
}
}
}
}
}
}
tmp<- data.frame(ID,Type, Jahr, Schadstoff, Monat, Konz)
tmp<-tmp %>% group_by( Type) %>% mutate( Color=row_number())
p<-ggplot(data = tmp, aes(x = Jahr, y = Konz)) +
geom_point(aes(color=factor(Color)), size=0.8) +
facet_grid(Schadstoff ~ Type, scales = "free") +
theme_light() + theme(axis.text.x = element_text(angle = 45, hjust = 1))
p
Problem still exists, that the grouping doesn't work and Color is unique for each line.
