In the example below, I want the left column elements, charlie, delta, echo divs to be full width (occupy both columns).
notes:
- there might be an arbitrary number of right-column
.r1,.r2type elements (zero - N) so I won't know exactly how many rows should be on the right vs left - currently
.a(acme) is affected by.r1's height, this is not desired! should have independent heights - please hit the "Run code snippet" button below to see whats going on, also an image below showing the kind of layout I'm interested in
.g {
display: grid;
gap: .25rem;
grid-template-columns: 1fr 100px;
grid-auto-flow: dense;
}
.gi {
padding: 1rem;
border: 1px solid;
border-radius: .25rem;
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);
}
.l {
grid-column: 1
}
.r { grid-column: 2 }
.r1 { grid-row: 1; height: 100px;}
.r2 { grid-row: 2}
<div class="g">
<div class="gi l a">Acme</div>
<div class="gi l b">Beta</div>
<div class="gi l c">Charlie</div>
<div class="gi l d">Delta</div>
<div class="gi l e">Echo</div>
<div class="gi r r1">Right 1</div>
<div class="gi r r2">Right 2</div>
</div>
Image of desired layout:
