Composer init (new project) Aborted with Symfony RuntimeException

Viewed 1856

In a new folder completely empty :

composer init

i have :

Welcome to the Composer config generator

This command will guide you through creating your composer.json config.

Package name (<vendor>/<name>) [slordef/test-composer]:

  [Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\RuntimeException]
  Aborted

init [--name NAME] [--description DESCRIPTION] [--author AUTHOR] [--type [TYPE]] [--homepage HOMEPAGE] [--require REQUIRE] [--require-dev REQUIRE-DEV] [-s|--stability STABILITY] [-l|--license LICENSE] [--repository REPOSITORY]

Composer is up to date... Dont know how it append

4 Answers

This is probably a problem with PHP version 7.4, had to switch to version 7.3 to make it work

by running :

composer init -vvv

get :

Exception trace: () at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Helper/QuestionHelper.php:148 Symfony\Component\Console\Helper\QuestionHelper->doAsk() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Helper/QuestionHelper.php:75 Symfony\Component\Console\Helper\QuestionHelper->Symfony\Component\Console\Helper{closure}() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Helper/QuestionHelper.php:404 Symfony\Component\Console\Helper\QuestionHelper->validateAttempts() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Helper/QuestionHelper.php:78 Symfony\Component\Console\Helper\QuestionHelper->ask() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/src/Composer/IO/ConsoleIO.php:291 Composer\IO\ConsoleIO->askAndValidate() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/src/Composer/Command/InitCommand.php:240 Composer\Command\InitCommand->interact() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php:230 Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:835 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:185 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/src/Composer/Console/Application.php:267 Composer\Console\Application->doRun() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:117 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/src/Composer/Console/Application.php:106 Composer\Console\Application->run() at phar://C:/ProgramData/ComposerSetup/bin/composer.phar/bin/composer:61 require() at C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin\composer.phar:24

i had the same bug, but I after all I realized that it happens in the last version of php. Example: I am now using PHP 7.4 but when I switched to PHP 7.3.12 the bug was solved! So I could dare saying that for that specific bug the first thing to check is the version of PHP you're using whether is it stable of not..

Uninstall and reinstall Composer. Note that when installing, set php version 7.0. * To environment variables. So your problem will be solved

Related