I need to run Spring Boot based app locally. It uses spring-cloud-starter-aws dependency.
The problem is that it tries to connect to EC2 metadata service always. Setting "cloud.aws.*" properties doesn't help.
I expect that default AWS credentials chain will be used, credentials and region will be read from one of AWS preferred way (e.g. ~/.aws/config and ~/.aws/credentials files).
I tried to set cloud.aws.credentials.useDefaultAwsCredentialsChain property but spring-cloud-starter-aws doesn't care
I found examples that use CloudFormation stack for very strange reason to run the app locally.
When I use AWS SDK for Java default AWS chain is used without any issues - I don't need to do anything specific for local running of the application (locally it reads credentials from files and on EC2 it uses instance metadata service). But with Spring Boot it doesn't work out of the box and I need to enable local running somehow.
I use 2.2.2.RELEASE version of Spring Boot and 2.2.1.RELEASE version of Spring Cloud. I have a feeling they introduced regression, because in previous versions it worked without problems.
Any ideas how to run the app locally?