Angular Universal not giving performance improvement as expected on Google pagespeed insights

Viewed 1855

This is the result that I am getting when I am doing only server side rendering (without bootstraping client side). This means the page served cannot be interacted with as no js execution takes place on browser.

First Contentful Paint: 0.6 s First Meaningful Paint: 0.6 s Speed Index: 0.6 s First CPU Idle: 1.5 s Time to Interactive: 1.7 s Max Potential First Input Delay:140 ms

Overall score: 99


This is the result that I am getting when I am doing rendering using Angular universal and preboot (server side rendering + client side rendering). Page is fully interactive.

First Contentful Paint: 0.6 s First Meaningful Paint: 0.6 s Speed Index: 2.5 s First CPU Idle: 2.6 s Time to Interactive: 3.3 s Max Potential First Input Delay:160 ms

Overall score: 75


It is clearly evident that Speed Index, First CPU Idle and Time to Interactive were badly hampered when I tried to execute javascript on client side as well.

I am not sure how to decrease this. Using Angular Universal and preboot.

When I am not using Angular Universal (only client side rendering) even then the scores are better than using server side rendering + client side rendering. I require server side rendering for SEO purposes.

What could be the issue?

1 Answers
Related