How to replace/exchange/swap content of the clipboard with the selected text

Viewed 51

Despite coding and formatting texts since over 20 years, I'm missing quite often an essential shortcut in my text editors on the following scenario:

variable1 = value1
variable2 = value2

I want now edit the code by swapping value1 with value2.

variable1 = value2
variable2 = value1

So what I do since 20 years is

select value2
Ctrl+x value2
Ctrl+v before value1
select value1
Ctrl+x value1
Ctrl+v at the old place of value2

What I'm missing is a key combination to replace the selected text with the content of the clip board:

select value2
Ctrl+x value2
select value1
Ctrl+MAGIC value1  // = swap(clipboard,selected)
Ctrl+v at the old place of value2

In Linux I can bypass it using the clipboard and the middle button simultaneously so 2 clip boards. Who wants to blow my mind? I guess I'm getting lazy over the years...

0 Answers
Related