Can't Install Geopandas

Viewed 1213

I'm currently working with Python 3.7.6 with Anaconda and Jupyter Notebook. I used to work with geopandas like 1 week ago with no problems. Then I tried to install osmnx and it took forever, more than 10 hours, so I interrupted it. I had to continue working on other stuff, then I tried installation a few more times then I get a trac issue that I couldn't fix, so I re-installed Anaconda 2 days ago. Thereafter I tried to install geopandas and I had this issue, I run the code and never finish the installation, more than 10 hours, and interrupted it.

I tried the both codes below:

conda install --channel conda-forge geopandas

!conda install geopandas

I installed successfully other modules like Folium with no problems conda install -c conda-forge folium

Thanks in advance

1 Answers

Both geopandas and OSMnx have dependencies that can result in a complicated install. Easiest to install in a clean, isolated conda environment.

Install geopandas:

conda config --prepend channels conda-forge
conda create -n gpd --strict-channel-priority geopandas

Install osmnx per its docs:

conda config --prepend channels conda-forge
conda create -n ox --strict-channel-priority osmnx
Related