I would like to access my Google Drive account via their API inside of a Rails application. The idea is that I will store files, but I don't believe I need to implement any authorisation for it (like with Oauth2, for example), since I only want to access my account.
I have been researching for 2 days, but the Google documentation seems very confused and not very clear.
I started in vain with this guide https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/quickstart/ruby and tried to co-opt it for use inside of Rails, but since it relies on storing a token file returned upon authentication, I figured this wasn't really the right approach.
I don't have any code to share, just looking for some clarity on how I can achieve what I'm trying to do, or indeed if it's even possible.
Additional Info:
I'm using Devise for my own authentication, so implementing omniauth through that would be an option if it's necessary. I looked through some documentation around that which Devise has on their side, but I didn't want to go through that (it seemed like a lot) before knowing it was the correct course of action.