Setting up a wemake-python-styleguide GitHub action that respects a legacy code flakehell baseline

Viewed 338

Problem

I want to to set up a GitHub Action that runs the wemake-python-styleguide on every push to the repo, but respects a legacy code flakehell baseline.

According to the wemake-python-styleguide Website, "flakehell is officially supported by wemake-python-styleguide and developed by the same people".

My problem is: All the GitHub Action workflow file (.yml) specifications I've tried so far, did not work.

Setup

First, I set a flakehellbaseline locally via flakehell > .flakehellbaseline and put the

[tool.flakehell]
baseline = ".flakehell_baseline"

in my pyproject.toml. Pushed everything to the repo.

Github action workflow specification

1.) Attempt

Then I created a new GitHub Action workflow file (wemakepython.yml) according to their premade Github Action.

name: wemakepython

on: push

jobs:
  wemake:
      runs-on: ubuntu-18.04
      steps:
        - name: wemake-python-styleguide
          uses: wemake-services/wemake-python-styleguide@0.14.0

Result:

enter image description here

The action gets triggered, and runs through smoothly. But, it does not report any flake8 or flakehell lint violations, despite there being plenty of them. How do I know that? If I run either flakehell lint or flake8 . locally, there are plenty of violations.

2.) Attempt

If the wemake-python-styleguide premade GitHub Action does not work, I'll just specify a flakehell.yml GitHub Action by myself.

name: flakehell

on: push

jobs:
  build:
    runs-on: ubuntu-18.04
    steps:
      - name: flakehell-linter
        run: |
          pip install flakehell
          flakehell lint

Result:

Unfortunately this one doesn't work either. The action does not even run, it exits with error code 1.

@github-actions
github-actions
/ build

.github#L1
Process completed with exit code 1.

Any ideas how to solve this? May it be a problem with the setup.cfg and pyproject.toml definitions?

0 Answers
Related