When installing packages through the Ansible's dnf module. How do I pass options like --nobest to dnf? Is there alternative to using raw shell commands.
When installing packages through the Ansible's dnf module. How do I pass options like --nobest to dnf? Is there alternative to using raw shell commands.
I had similar problem (but i'm using yum package manager) and figured a work around here
The issue is that docker-ce has not been packaged for CentOS 8 yet.
An ugly workaround is to install containerd.io manually beforehand:
pre_tasks:
- yum:
name: https://download.docker.com/linux/centos/7/x86_64/stable/Packages/containerd.io-1.2.6-3.3.el7.x86_64.rpm
So, try to set full package url as package name and it should definitely work.
nobest can be passed as a parameter while using the DNF module in the playbook
You can refer here dnf_module for other options/parameters that can be passed to the dnf ansible module
For example :
- name: Install the latest version of Apache from the testing repo
dnf:
name: httpd
enablerepo: testing
state: present
- name: Install the latest version of Apache
dnf:
name: httpd
state: present
nobest: false