Mixing RYB colors with mix-blend-mode

Viewed 298

Currently I'm working on an online educational tool for a beginners arts class. To visualise the mixing of colours, I created 3 draggable circles (RGB) for mixing light with a screen blend mode.

This works! But now I want to accomplish the same thing with the 3 primary colours (RYB), so if I drag yellow over red, I get orange, blue over red gives me purple, etc. I haven't found a blend mode suitable for this. Is this possible?

$(function() {
  $(".color-circle").draggable();
});
.color-circle-light {
  width: 10rem;
  height: 10rem;
  border-radius: 100%;
  mix-blend-mode: screen;
  margin: 1rem;
}

.bg-red {
  background: red;
}

.bg-blue {
  background: blue;
}

.bg-green {
  background: lime;
}

.bg-black {
  background: #000;
}
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.12.1/themes/smoothness/jquery-ui.css">
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.12.1/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>

<div class="bg-black">
  <div class="color-circle color-circle-light bg-red"></div>
  <div class="color-circle color-circle-light bg-green"></div>
  <div class="color-circle color-circle-light bg-blue"></div>
</div>

JSFiddle: https://jsfiddle.net/t0u2agc3/

0 Answers
Related