I have two abstract classes that can be inherited for explicit usage: A_GUI_Info and A_Info_Data. The GUI_Infos are GUI elements that display data. The Info_Datas are data classes, that transfer specific data to the according GUI_Info.
I want to express the dependency that an explicit GUI_Info has one explicit Info_Data through generics and still allow an inheritance. With other words, I want to avoid that a wrong explicit Info_Data is fed to an explicit GUI_Info. For example, I feed HUD_Info_Data to a Wrist_GUI_Element that does not have the means to represent it. > A kind of type-safety for inherited generics
Example:
class HUDInfoData : A_Info_Data
class HUDInfo<HUDInfoData > : A_GUI_Info<A_Info_Data>
// but the generic cant be inherited like that
class HUDInfo : A_GUI_Info<A_Info_Data>
// doesnt define dependency
class HUDInfo : A_GUI_Info<HUDInfoData >
// also not working
Another approach is restrictions by where T : A_GUI_Info<D> where D : A_Info_Data But it did not work like that.
The final requirement, that I cant get to work is: I have an instance of the explicit Info and want to handle it in a function, that could also handle all other inherited Infos with their according Datas.
public HUD_Info<HUD_Info_Data> obj;
public List<A_GUI_Info<A_Info_Data>> infos;
public void SetConnection(string ID, A_GUI_Info<A_Info_Data> p)
{
infos.Add(p);
}