Is there anybody did install properly aws-cli v2(x86_64; zipped) on Raspberry pi 3(ARM)?

Viewed 7279

Is there anybody to try to put aws-cliv2 into raspberry pi? I've got an err msg below which expresses an exec format error.


[my env] (uname on my Raspberry Pi3) Linux raspberrypi 4.19.97-v7+ #1294 SMP Thu XXX XX XX:XX:XX GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

[err msg] pi@raspberrypi:~/XX/cdkContainer $ sudo ./aws/install ./aws/install: 78: ./aws/install: /XX/cdkContainer/aws/dist/aws: Exec format error You can now run: /usr/local/bin/aws --version

pi@raspberrypi:~/XX/cdkContainer $ aws --version bash: /usr/local/bin/aws: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error


I've just referred to an aws doc on the web site: However, It doesn't work on my Raspberry Pi 3.

3 Answers

Same here..AWS Cli 2.0 docu page reports ARM, but only for 64 bit architecture, so you cannot use in raspbian. The only solution I found is to install aws-cli version 1 using pip.

python3 -m pip install aws-cli

Everything works.

aws-cli v2 only supports 64-bit ARM, and your Raspberry Pi is presumably 32-bit, so it looks like what you're asking is simply impossible. The older aws-cli v1 does support Raspberry Pi though.

There is an open issue on Github where a dev confirmed the issue, but they currently have no fix planned.

The issue you are facing I think as others mentioned is that you are perhaps running the 64-bit aws-cli version. I ran into this issue on my linux machine running an arm processor. The easiest solution was installing the linux arm version instead (see: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/getting-started-install.html).

If you already have a 64-bit version installed, you can just delete the 64-bit file, download the arm version and re-run the installation with an update flag:

sudo ./aws/install --update

Hope this helps anyone.

Related