Error in Windows 10 with use of Sparklyr in R ("Error in validate_java_version_line(master, version)...":

Viewed 117

Similar questions have been asked-and-answered, but always for non-Windows systems and most were years old, so I was hoping for guidance that was more current and intelligible. The installation and loading of Sparklyr was successful.

Error occurs after defining SparkContext object as follows:

sc <- spark-connect(master = "local")

The error returned is:

Error in validate_java_version_line(master, version) : Java version detected but couldn't parse version from: java version "14" 2020-03-17

Previous questions have suggested installing an older version of Java. Is this still the right strategy for a Windows machine? Some have referenced that it necessary to reset the JAVA_HOME environment variable is that still necessary - if so, how? Also, I wonder which version should I download and will installation of an older version of Java screw-up other applications that depend on the latest version?

0 Answers
Related