Spyder was unable to retrieve the value of this variable from the console. The error message was: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'raise_error'

Viewed 5381

I have been working on a project that deals with pandas and geopandas. But i came across an error with the last line. The .shp file is in my specified path and everything is fine. Below is my code

import pandas as pd
import geopandas as gpd


from urllib.request import Request, urlopen

req = Request('https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/', headers={'User-Agent':'Mozilla/5.0'})
webpage = urlopen(req).read()


data = pd.read_html(webpage)

for data_cases in data:
print(data_cases)

data_cases = data_cases[['Country,Other', 'TotalCases']]

world_data = gpd.read_file(r'/home/evans/Desktop/GIS DEVELOPMENTS/PROJECTS/World_countries/World_Countries.shp')

Everything executes well with no errors on the console. But when i try opening the variable world_data, in the variable explorer, I get the error:

Spyder was unable to retrieve the value of this variable from the console.

The error message was:
'tuple' object has no attribute 'raise_error'

I will appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

0 Answers
Related