I am working on a demo project , which has 5 microservices - discovery server , api-gateway , user-order-detail , order and user service.
I will expose the order and user service internally
I will expose the user-order-detail service externally which will call the other two services using a rest endpoint.
1) Should I deploy discovery server and api gateway on kubernetes engine and if not how will the routing be handled ?
If I do not deploy the api-gateway , how will this rest call take place ?
2) Also as there is a application.properties file in every spring-cloud project. Does docker image replace the application.properties file ?
3) I am using docker and kubernetes for the first time.Can someone explain what should be my next step after creating the docker images for my services ? (just the steps , I will figure out how to complete those steps)
UPDATE:
Services that are up:
user-order-detail LoadBalancer
kubernetes ClusterIP
order-management LoadBalancer
user-management LoadBalancer
user-order-detail hits an endpoint to retrieve all users. I am getting this error :No matches for the virtual host name :user-management
