Context
I am trying to create my first virtual machine in azure.
I have a pay as you go subscription, I have created a resource group
Steps to create issue
- I click the button that says 'add a virtual machine'
- I fill in the details of the resource group, I add the region (west germany as I am currently in germany), and I press the button marked 'size'.
- A nice drop down list of all the sizes appears, and every single item on the list is greyed out.
What I have tried
- I did a google search, but most questions seemed to be about 'specific sizes not available in their region'. At the moment I would be happy if there was even one size available
- I tried waiting 24 hours in case it was a glitch and tried again, and it was just the same.
- The first time I tried I was on the free subscription, but I have upgraded to pay as you go
- I asked microsoft on their chat and after an initial look, they said an expert would get to me in two or three working days.
- I tried creating new resource groups, and changing the region (lots of different regions tried)
Error messages
There is no message as such: just all entries being greyed out, and a mouse over (i) that says Size not available
This size is currently unavailable in this location for this subscription: NotAvailableForSubscription