My question is similar to this. I am trying to work with Java in Remote-WSL using VSCode. According to VSCode guidelines, I should install the Java Extension Pack on WSL. However, when I try to install it I get the following error:
The java.home variable defined in Visual Studio Code settings points to a missing or inaccessible folder (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1)
This is what the Java Extension pack shows when I install it on WSL.
I have been able to resolve this issue if I change the path in java.home to be same as JAVA_HOME in settings.json. However, I need to toggle the path back to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1 manually when working on my local machine and not on Remote-WSL.
Is there a better way to make it work?
PS: I've no clue why it says that JDK_HOME is empty. If I echo $JDK_HOME inside WSL, it shows the path same as JAVA_HOME.


