I have a TextInput that when pressed gets covered by the keyboard. So I wrapped it in a KeyboardAvoidingView. But regardless of the behavior that I set for this view, the TextInput won't move above the keyboard. Using position as the behavior moves the TextInput but only half way above the keyboard, while the other two don't seem to work at all.
I also tried wrapping my entire component with a KeyboardAvoidingView, but doing so breaks the entire layout.
Can anyone help me? I never managed to get KeyboardAvoidingView to work for me and now I really need it. Thanks in advance!
Here is my component. Also worth mentioning is that this component is top level(well, almost top level since it's wrapped in a Router)
const { height, width } = Dimensions.get('screen')
const style = StyleSheet.create({
main: {
height,
width,
flexDirection: 'column',
},
iconSelecter: {
width,
height: 196,
alignItems: 'center',
justifyContent: 'center',
backgroundColor: Colors.primary,
marginTop: 32
},
icon: {
height: 164,
width: 164,
},
saveButton: {
width: 96,
height: 96,
borderRadius: 100,
backgroundColor: Colors.secondary,
alignItems: "center",
justifyContent: "center",
alignSelf: 'center',
position: 'absolute',
bottom: 96 + 32
},
saveIcon: {
height: 54,
width: 54,
},
textInputWrapper: {
borderBottomColor: Colors.textInputBorder,
width: 288,
borderBottomWidth: 1,
alignSelf: 'center',
marginTop: 96,
height: 48,
},
textInput: {
fontWeight: "300",
fontSize: 14,
margin: 0
},
hintWrapper: {
alignSelf: 'center',
marginTop: 4
},
hint: {
fontSize: 12,
fontFamily: "Roboto-Thin",
fontStyle: 'normal',
}
})
const CreateActivity = ({ goBack }: NavigationProps) => {
//////////////////////////////
//State and logic
///////////////
return (
// TODO: Add touchable opacity to dismiss keyboard
<View style={style.main}>
<Appbar title="New activity" canGoBack goBack={goBack} />
<View style={{ flex: 1 }}>
<View style={style.iconSelecter}>
<GestureRecognizer onSwipeLeft={nextIcon} onSwipeRight={lastIcon}>
<Image style={style.icon} source={icons[currentIconIndex]?.file}></Image>
</GestureRecognizer>
</View>
<View style={style.hintWrapper}>
<Text style={style.hint}>Swipe to cycle through the icons</Text>
</View>
<KeyboardAvoidingView>
<View style={style.textInputWrapper}>
<TextInput style={style.textInput} placeholder={"Give this activity a name"} value={name} onChangeText={setName}></TextInput>
</View>
</KeyboardAvoidingView>
<TouchableNativeFeedback onPress={createActivity} background={TouchableNativeFeedback.Ripple("#fff", true)}>
<View style={style.saveButton}>
<Image style={style.saveIcon} source={require("../../assets/icons/light/save.png")}></Image>
</View>
</TouchableNativeFeedback>
</View>
</View>
)
}
export default CreateActivity;