I use the following query to list all table constraints, which works well in extracting constraint needed to alter the output table (adding primary key, unique constraint).
select table_view,
object_type,
constraint_type,
constraint_name,
details
from (
select schema_name(t.schema_id) + '.' + t.[name] as table_view,
case when t.[type] = 'U' then 'Table'
when t.[type] = 'V' then 'View'
end as [object_type],
case when c.[type] = 'PK' then 'Primary key'
when c.[type] = 'UQ' then 'Unique constraint'
when i.[type] = 1 then 'Unique clustered index'
when i.type = 2 then 'Unique index'
end as constraint_type,
isnull(c.[name], i.[name]) as constraint_name,
substring(column_names, 1, len(column_names)-1) as [details]
from sys.objects t
left outer join sys.indexes i
on t.object_id = i.object_id
left outer join sys.key_constraints c
on i.object_id = c.parent_object_id
and i.index_id = c.unique_index_id
cross apply (select col.[name] + ', '
from sys.index_columns ic
inner join sys.columns col
on ic.object_id = col.object_id
and ic.column_id = col.column_id
where ic.object_id = t.object_id
and ic.index_id = i.index_id
order by col.column_id
for xml path ('') ) D (column_names)
where is_unique = 1
and t.is_ms_shipped <> 1
union all
select schema_name(fk_tab.schema_id) + '.' + fk_tab.name as foreign_table,
'Table',
'Foreign key',
fk.name as fk_constraint_name,
schema_name(pk_tab.schema_id) + '.' + pk_tab.name
from sys.foreign_keys fk
inner join sys.tables fk_tab
on fk_tab.object_id = fk.parent_object_id
inner join sys.tables pk_tab
on pk_tab.object_id = fk.referenced_object_id
inner join sys.foreign_key_columns fk_cols
on fk_cols.constraint_object_id = fk.object_id
union all
select schema_name(t.schema_id) + '.' + t.[name],
'Table',
'Check constraint',
con.[name] as constraint_name,
con.[definition]
from sys.check_constraints con
left outer join sys.objects t
on con.parent_object_id = t.object_id
left outer join sys.all_columns col
on con.parent_column_id = col.column_id
and con.parent_object_id = col.object_id
union all
select schema_name(t.schema_id) + '.' + t.[name],
'Table',
'Default constraint',
con.[name],
col.[name] + ' = ' + con.[definition]
from sys.default_constraints con
left outer join sys.objects t
on con.parent_object_id = t.object_id
left outer join sys.all_columns col
on con.parent_column_id = col.column_id
and con.parent_object_id = col.object_id) a
order by table_view, constraint_type, constraint_name
https://dataedo.com/kb/query/sql-server/list-all-table-constraints
However, it does not work in case of foreign key as a foreign key constraint (column) and its reference column is needed.
ALTER TABLE row16.table_view
ADD CONSTRAINT row16.contraint_name
FOREIGN KEY (**row16....**) REFERENCES row16.details(**row16....**);
|| actual value
ALTER TABLE DBO.AREA
ADD CONSTRAINT FK_AREA_DOM_AIRLINE
FOREIGN KEY (**should be 'airline_cd'**) REFERENCES DBO.DOM_AIRLINE(**should be 'cd'**);
I wanted to add foreign constraint using the following statement, but I don't know how I could define foreign key constraint and its reference column here..
I feel like there might be a need to make some changes to the table constraints query, but I just start learning SQL recently so I'm not familiar with the whole concept yet...
Here's table relation for reference

Please let me know if you need any more infos. Appreciated all your helps!
