The following is the client side code to call the cloud function:
var getShippingRate = firebase
.functions()
.httpsCallable("shippo-generateShippingRate");
getShippingRate({ address: shippo })
.then(function(result) {
// Read result of the Cloud Function.
console.log("THE SHIPPING RATES", result.data.shipment);
})
.catch(function(error) {
// Getting the Error details.
console.log("ERROR SHIPPING: ", error);
var code = error.code;
var message = error.message;
var details = error.details;
});
The cloud function:
exports.generateShippingRate = functions.https.onCall(async (data, context) => {
const customer_address = data.address;
return generateShipmentObject(customer_address);
});
generateshipmentObject returns this:
shippo.shipment.create(
{
address_from: addressFrom,
address_to: addressTo,
parcels: [parcel],
async: true
},
(err, shipment) => {
// asynchronously called
if (err) {
return { error: err };
} else {
return { result: shipment };
}
}
I get the standard CORS Error, but a callable Cloud Function should handle this automatically:
Access to fetch at ... from origin 'http://localhost:5000' has been blocked by CORS policy:
EDIT
I'm using firebase serve --only hosting to test on localhost.
The Cloud Functions are deployed with firebase deploy --only funtions
I'm calling other similar Cloud Functions on the same site which do not have that issue.