Retrieving youtube video location tag using youtube API 3.0

Viewed 322

I am having some issues with retrieving video location tag from Youtube API. The tag was set on the

This is here I set the video location tag Below is the method that I have attempted where I can't see the video location tag appearing in my data.

 var youtubeService = new YouTubeService(initialiser);
 var ListRequest = new Google.Apis.YouTube.v3.PlaylistItemsResource.ListRequest(youtubeService, "");
 ListRequest = youtubeService.PlaylistItems.List("snippet");
 ListRequest.PlaylistId = _PlayListID; var playlistItemsListResponse = playlistItemsListRequest.Execute();
1 Answers

You apear to be using the Playlistitems.list method which

Returns a collection of playlist items that match the API request parameters. You can retrieve all of the playlist items in a specified playlist or retrieve one or more playlist items by their unique IDs.

PlaylistItems resource Which does not contain any information about the location of the play list item.

Video.list returns a list of videos which used to have a locationDescription property which has been deprecated since June 1, 2017

The only property that remains that appears to have any information about the location of a video would be recordingDetails You will have to check wht that contains. but again this is on a video not a play list item.

The recordingDetails object encapsulates information about the location, date and address where the video was recorded.

Related