I have really tired looking for the information i need and hope for your help. Also, i have written to Stripe support, but for now the communication with them is very difficult.
Let's start at the very beginning.
I use Stripe subscriptions with Laravel Cashier.
I have already finished the payment with credit/debit cards. It has such a workflow: - user fills the form; - Stripe.js sends the filled data to Stripe server and returns the paymentMethod; - then i send the paymentMethod to my server and make the subscription for user with/without trial days.
I need to add Google pay and Apple pay buttons. According to the Stripe docs about Google pay and Apple pay, i have to create the Payment Request Button. As i understand the docs about Payment Request Button it works by this way: - server-side creates paymentIntent and sends it to the client-side; - the user pushes the Payment Request button; - the browser opens a popup with saved user's cards; - the user chooses a card and stripe.js charges user instantly.
I can't understand on what step stripe knows the plan id for making a subscription for the user.
I don't need to charge user instantly, i need just get the paymentMethod to send it to the server-side. Does anyone have experience with making Stripe subscriptions with Payment Request button?
I would be very appreciated for the help.