Artifactory oss install with Docker

Viewed 1046

I'm trying to install Artifactory oss using docker.

I'm running ubuntu 18.04 and docker 19.03.8

I followed the JFrog installation guide https://www.jfrog.com/confluence/display/JFROG/Installing+Artifactory#InstallingArtifactory-DockerInstallation

I did all the steps. Except that chown -R 1030:1030 $JFROG_HOME/artifactory/var must be run with sudo.

The container start. But when I'm going to http://myhost:8082/ui/ I only see a page with the JFrog logo displaying with a zoomin/zoomout effect.

I the logs I see

################################################################
###   All services started successfully in 116.053 seconds   ###
################################################################
2020-03-26T07:27:05.070Z [jfrou] [INFO ] [                ] [server_configuration.go:61    ] [main] - Server configuration reloaded on localhost:8046
2020-03-26T07:27:05.070Z [jfrou] [INFO ] [                ] [server_configuration.go:61    ] [main                ] - Server configuration reloaded on localhost:8049
2020-03-26T07:27:05.071Z [jfrou] [INFO ] [                ] [server_configuration.go:61    ] [main                ] - Server configuration reloaded on :8082
2020-03-26T07:27:05.109Z [jfac ] [INFO ] [                ] [alConfigurationServiceBase:182] [c-default-executor-1] - Loading configuration from db finished successfully
2020-03-26T07:27:07.104Z [jfrou] [INFO ] [                ] [server_configuration.go:61    ] [main                ] - Server configuration reloaded on :8082
2020-03-26T07:27:07.105Z [jfrou] [INFO ] [                ] [server_configuration.go:61    ] [main                ] - Server configuration reloaded on localhost:8046
2020-03-26T07:27:07.105Z [jfrou] [INFO ] [                ] [server_configuration.go:61    ] [main                ] - Server configuration reloaded on localhost:8049
2020-03-26T07:27:10.084Z [jfrou] [WARN ] [6ec6165e7fec2711] [ternal_topology_verifier.go:92] [main                ] - failed pinging external node 'f461d2eebfe3' at address 'http://172.17.0.2:8082': Get http://172.17.0.2:8082/router/api/v1/system/ping: context deadline exceeded

The last line appears when I request the url in the browser.

What can I do ?

Edit:

I also tried with docker-compose also following the jfrog guide.

First run : artifactory is not starting !

After editing the .jfrog/artifactory/var/etc/system.yaml and chaning the 127.0.0.1 by my host name followed again with the config.sh artifactory is starting.

But same problem when accessing http://myhost:8082/ui/

I don't understand what's happening and why it is not working following the jfrog guides...

2 Answers

In my case, it turns out to be that my proxy settings are blocking the http client from contacting the local endpoint. I updated docker-compose.yml to include no_proxy and noproxy environment variables and Artifactory runs without any complaint.

services:
  artifactory:
    environment:
      - http_proxy=*********
      - https_proxy=*********
      - no_proxy=*********
      - noproxy=172.16.0.0/12
    image: docker.bintray.io/jfrog/artifactory-oss:latest

The solution was quite simple : try another browser !

With Edge it's not working. With Firefox it's working ....

Related