I'd like to see to confirm that I don't have multiple versions in the same place, so wanted to know on a Mac where does asdf store postgres. Where does it look when I hit pg_ctl start?
I'd like to see to confirm that I don't have multiple versions in the same place, so wanted to know on a Mac where does asdf store postgres. Where does it look when I hit pg_ctl start?
Did you try asdf where postgres which will display the install path for the current version?
It puts it into the specified versioned install directory in $HOME/.asdf. They are not in the same place.
I don't know mac, but for linux, it's in your home holder, when you installed 3 versions of postgres, it looks like:
~/.asdf/installs/postgres/11.12
~/.asdf/installs/postgres/10.14
~/.asdf/installs/postgres/9.5.25
pg_ctl exists in bin/pg_ctl
if you want to start a postgres instance, you should :
.tool-versions containing postgres 9.5.25pg_ctl --version # => 9.5.25pg_ctl start # => will start 9.5.25 version of postgres