I have built a script for downloading files from an FTP server. The script works with all files I have attempted to download except files that contain a #. After doing some research I am unable to find a solution to this problem. My code for downloading a file is listed below.
function Get-FtpFile
{
Param ([string]$fileUrl, $credentials, [string]$destination)
try
{
$FTPRequest = [System.Net.FtpWebRequest]::Create($fileUrl)
if ($credentials)
{
$FTPRequest.Credentials = $credentials
}
$FTPRequest.Method = [System.Net.WebRequestMethods+Ftp]::DownloadFile
$FTPRequest.UseBinary = $true
# Send the ftp request
$FTPResponse = $FTPRequest.GetResponse()
# Get a download stream from the server response
$ResponseStream = $FTPResponse.GetResponseStream()
# Create the target file on the local system and the download buffer
$LocalFile = New-Object IO.FileStream ($destination,[IO.FileMode]::Create)
[byte[]]$ReadBuffer = New-Object byte[] 1024
# Loop through the download
do {
$ReadLength = $ResponseStream.Read($ReadBuffer,0,1024)
$LocalFile.Write($ReadBuffer,0,$ReadLength)
}
while ($ReadLength -ne 0)
$LocalFile.Close()
}
catch [Net.WebException]
{
return "Unable to download because: $($_.exception)"
}
}
I have tried using WebRequest.DownloadFile() instead and it still does not work with files that contain a #, I have also tried renaming the file using the FtpWebRequest rename method and that also did not work.
Does anyone know of any solution or workaround to this problem?