Unable to find a specification for `React-Core` depended upon by `UMReactNativeAdapter`

Viewed 13342

Getting below error,

Analyzing dependencies
Fetching podspec for `DoubleConversion` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/DoubleConversion.podspec`
Pre-downloading: `ExpoKit` from `http://github.com/expo/expo.git`, tag `ios/2.13.0`
Fetching podspec for `Folly` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/Folly.podspec`
Fetching podspec for `glog` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/glog.podspec`
[!] Unable to find a specification for `React-Core` depended upon by `UMReactNativeAdapter`

You have either:
 * out-of-date source repos which you can update with `pod repo update` or with `pod install --repo-update`.
 * mistyped the name or version.
 * not added the source repo that hosts the Podspec to your Podfile.

I tried,

pod setup
pod install
pod install --repo-update

Also, I uninstalled/installed cocoapods again, but still getting above error.

3 Answers

Dependency React-Core is nothing more than the same React dependency being renamed by the developers.

You need to search for the version of UMReactNativeAdapter that list React as its dependency instead of React-Core

I got tired of getting the same error again and again

Basically, what needs to be done is add manually to your Podfile the pod missing

pod 'React-Core', :path => '../node_modules/react-native/React'

And probably you will need to add some more pods this way, here is useful list of possible missing pods: https://github.com/facebook/react-native/issues/26310#issuecomment-534632566

Related