100 score on Google PageSpeed using AMP plugin? Is that even possible?

Viewed 609

I hired a developer to improve my site loading speed. He suggested using AMP for Wordpress plugin. He got me a perfect 100 score on both Mobile and Desktop. I'm very skeptical about it, as my site is quite heavy and other developers wouldn't even commit to a 90+ score. I'm pretty sure this developer just scammed me - and I would like to know how I can find out?

Can someone please help me diagnose the site to find out if it's authentic? Sounds too good to be true.

1 Answers

Install an user agent switcher in your browser and use the lighthouse user agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36(KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3116.0 Safari/537.36 Chrome-Lighthouse

opening the URL with this user-agent you can see that only a single image is rendered. This is exaclty what google sees, thus you get a good score.

enter image description here

Related