Eclipse is using wrong .gitconfig file and i can't change it?

Viewed 1821

For some reason Eclipse is using wrong Git configuration. I have no idea where it got it from. I am running on Windows 10.

I can't change it. I can't remove it? The add entry is grayed out. Does someone now how to fix this?

enter image description here

It is because the file is marked non-writable. But i don't even have a H drive it was a webdrive before. Where does eclipse get this information from. My real .gitconfig is under C:\Users\username\.gitconfig

1 Answers

When I first read this question, I was confused, as I had asked almost exactly the same question a few weeks ago.

In my Windows 10 environment, I do not have HOME set, but I do have HOMEDRIVE (H:) and HOMEPATH (/) set, neither of which are properties I can control. I use Cygwin (you might have the same). I got around this problem by writing the following cmd script:

set HOME=C:\Users\<myuid>
start /min %*

I called it "runwithhome.cmd" and put it into a common bin directory. I changed the Eclipse shortcut, changing the "target" property, adding the full path to this script as the prefix to the eclipse command line.

Related