I am pretty new to all the network programming. I have some hardware where I normally get 2 bundled messages through a UDP stream (hence I wrote a fake server to simulate the hardware)
I have created a simple client-server where server sends 2 messages and client picks them up. My issue is when I print out the data that I receive from the server, it prints out as 2 messages but there is no way to pick up only one of the messages. I tried everything I can think of. I feel like the answer is very simple.
For example:
print(self.data) outputs:
b'#message1,765,0,77.5,allgood,2096,183412.000'
b'#message2,654,0,76.5,allgood,2096,183411.000'
print(self.data.decode().split(',')[0]) outputs:
#message1
#message2
what I want output to be:
#message1
So how do I only pick #message1? Any help would be much appreciated. I am pasting my code down below:
fakeServer.py:
import socket
import time
UDP_IP = "127.0.0.1"
UDP_PORT = 5005
MESSAGE1 = "#message1,765,0,77.5,allgood,2096,183412.000"
MESSAGE2 = "#message2,654,0,76.5,allgood,2096,183411.000"
print ("UDP target IP:", UDP_IP)
print ("UDP target port:", UDP_PORT)
print ("message1:", MESSAGE1)
print ("message2:", MESSAGE2)
while True:
sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, # Internet
socket.SOCK_DGRAM) # UDP
sock.sendto(MESSAGE1.encode('utf-8'), (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE2.encode('utf-8'), (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
time.sleep(3)
fakeClient.py
import socket
from tspiMessages import *
import io
class Client():
def __init__(self):
self.client()
def client(self):
server_address = ('', 5005)
sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, # Internet
socket.SOCK_DGRAM) # UDP
sock.bind(server_address)
try:
while True:
self.data, addr = sock.recvfrom(1024) # buffer size is 1024 bytes
self.data1 = self.data.decode().split(',')#[0]
print(self.data)
finally:
sock.close()
if __name__ == '__main__':
client = Client()