I have a bunch of folders on my desktop (working on a Mac) and I am trying to call various files into my style.css file and index.html files. Rather than trying to post a complicated explanation of all my directories/code, could someone please explain to me how calling files into my code works? How do file tree hiearchies work in adobe-brackets? For example, if I have three folders:
- Parent Folder/ Folder A / Code/ index.html
- Parent Folder / Folder A / Images/ cat.jpg
- Parent Folder/ Folder B / MoreImages / dog.jpg
- Parent Folder / Folder C / MoreCode / style.css
If my index file is in Folder A, and I want to call the cat image, do I write Folder A/ Images/ cat.jpg or do I only need to write Images / cat.jpg ?
And to call items outside of Folder A, so in Folders B and C, do I need to do anything in adobe-brackets in order for adobe-brackets to understand where these folders are located? As an example, I was trying to call my style.css sheet into my index.html file. I did so by simply writing Folder C/ MoreCode/ style.css. I also double clicked my style.css sheet to add it to my working file list in Brackets. However, my style sheet still was not being read by my html file.