I'm trying to make call to a function every specified interval of time, for that m using Background service, here is what I have done: Here is the Alerting controller where I have the function:
public class AlertingController : ControllerBase
{
private readonly DatabaseContext _context;
private readonly IMapper _mapper;
public AlertingController(DatabaseContext context, IMapper mapper)
{
_context = context ?? throw new ArgumentNullException(nameof(context));
_mapper = mapper ?? throw new ArgumentNullException(nameof(mapper));
}
public AlertingController()
{
}
//function that adds in the DB
public async Task<AlertingResponse> GetAlertingToDB()
{
AlertingResponse dataGet;
using (var httpClient = new HttpClient())
{
using (var response = await httpClient
.GetAsync(MetricApiLink))
{
string apiResponse = await response.Content.ReadAsStringAsync();
dataGet = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<AlertingResponse>(apiResponse);
}
}
if (dataGet.data.alerts != null || dataGet.data.alerts.Count > 0)
{
foreach (var alert in dataGet.data.alerts)
{
CreateAlertQuery QueryAlert = new CreateAlertQuery();
QueryAlert.Name = alert.labels.alertname;
QueryAlert.Instance = alert.labels.instance;
QueryAlert.Serverity = alert.labels.severity;
QueryAlert.Summary = alert.annotations.summary;
QueryAlert.State = alert.state;
QueryAlert.ActiveAt = alert.activeAt;
var _Alert = _mapper.Map<AlertingDataModel>(QueryAlert);
_context.Alertings.Add(_Alert);
await _context.SaveChangesAsync();
}
}
return null;
}
}
I have tested the method with a HTTPGET request, it works fine, add the alerts into my database:
I have created a scooped service where I called the function GetAlertingToDB():
internal interface IScopedAlertingService
{
Task DoWork(CancellationToken stoppingToken);
}
public class ScopedAlertingService : IScopedAlertingService
{
private int executionCount = 0;
private readonly ILogger _logger;
public ScopedAlertingService(ILogger<ScopedAlertingService> logger)
{
_logger = logger;
}
public async Task DoWork(CancellationToken stoppingToken)
{
AlertingController _AlertingToDB = new AlertingController();
while (!stoppingToken.IsCancellationRequested)
{
executionCount++;
_logger.LogInformation(
"Scoped Processing Service is working. Count: {Count}", executionCount);
await _AlertingToDB.GetAlertingToDB();
await Task.Delay(10000, stoppingToken);
}
}
}
I have also created the Class that will consume my service, and will run in the BackGround:
public class ConsumeScopedServiceHostedService : BackgroundService
{
private readonly ILogger<ConsumeScopedServiceHostedService> _logger;
public ConsumeScopedServiceHostedService(IServiceProvider services,
ILogger<ConsumeScopedServiceHostedService> logger)
{
Services = services;
_logger = logger;
}
public IServiceProvider Services { get; }
protected override async Task ExecuteAsync(CancellationToken stoppingToken)
{
_logger.LogInformation(
"Consume Scoped Service Hosted Service running.");
await DoWork(stoppingToken);
}
private async Task DoWork(CancellationToken stoppingToken)
{
_logger.LogInformation(
"Consume Scoped Service Hosted Service is working.");
using (var scope = Services.CreateScope())
{
var scopedProcessingService =
scope.ServiceProvider
.GetRequiredService<IScopedAlertingService>();
await scopedProcessingService.DoWork(stoppingToken);
}
}
public override async Task StopAsync(CancellationToken stoppingToken)
{
_logger.LogInformation(
"Consume Scoped Service Hosted Service is stopping.");
await Task.CompletedTask;
}
}
I injected the dependencies on the Startup Class and added the hosted service:
services.AddHostedService<ConsumeScopedServiceHostedService>();
services.AddScoped<IScopedAlertingService, ScopedAlertingService>();
The functions are working just fine untill a call the GetAlertingToDB() function and it doesn't work.
Any help would be great, thanks everyone :)
