I feel like this is a straight forward thing, but everything I find doesn't quite get me what I want. I'm using rmarkdown and knitting to a latex .pdf. I'd like to have my in-text citations have round () parenthesis instead of the block ones. The yaml below uses a references.bib file to correctly import the references. Is there anything I can do to easily change my parenthesis to round?
---
title: "Title"
author: "Author"
date: "16/03/2020"
output:
pdf_document:
fig_caption: yes
citation_package: natbib
bibliography: references.bib
editor_options:
chunk_output_type: console
---
I've used an approach here, but it returns an error:
Error in yaml::yaml.load(..., eval.expr = TRUE) : Parser error: while parsing a block mapping at line 6, column 5 did not find expected key at line 7, column 30` --- title: "Title" author: "Author" date: "16/03/2020" output: pdf_document: fig_caption: yes bibliography: references.bib editor_options: chunk_output_type: console \usepackage[round]{natbib} ---
Any ideas? Thanks for your suggestions / ideas...
