"Unable to start Oculus XR Plugin" error when starting game in Unity

Viewed 13241

I am currently developing a 3d VR game for Oculus Quest headset on Unity (v 2019.3.6f1)

Whenever I start the game in Unity editor (by pressing "Play" button) I get the following errors :

Unable to start Oculus XR Plugin.  
Failed to load display subsystem. 
Failed to load input subsystem.

Console Screenshot

XR Plugin is installed and updated to the latest version (1.2.0) :

Project Settings Screenshot

Package Manager Screenshot

What could be the cause of those errors ? Thanks in advance for your answers.

3 Answers

In XR plugin Management (Edit > Project Settings > XR Plugin Management) remove the Oculus Loader from the Plugin Providers in the Windows (PC, Mac & Linux Standalone settings) Tab. List should be empty. That fixed it for me.

Launching problem was resolved by removing Avatar object from my scenes.

I needed to start the Unity project after opening up the oculus app and link, ie:

  1. Open Oculus PC App
  2. Connect headset
  3. Open Unity Project
Related