So,
I searched far and wide, read everything I could find on the topic and I am still failing at this. I have managed to send proactive message to user, reply to a topic in team, etc. but I am unable to send a proactive message (create new post) in a team channel.
Is there an available example (I was unable to find any)? MS Docs for NodeJS seem to show an example of messaging each user in the team, but not the channel itself.
I explored the source code, and channelData is hardcoded to null inside botFrameworkAdapter.js, which only adds to the confusion.
So, basic code is:
const builder = require('botbuilder');
const adapter = new builder.BotFrameworkAdapter({
appId: 'XXX',
appPassword: 'YYY'
});
const conversation = {
channelData: {
//I have all this (saved from event when bot joined the Team)
},
...
// WHAT THIS OBJECT NEEDS TO BE TO SEND A SIMPLE "HELLO" TO A CHANNEL?
// I have all the d
};
adapter.createConversation(conversation, async (turnContext) => {
turnContext.sendActivity('HELLO'); //This may or may not be needed?
});
Has anyone done this with Node ? If so, can anyone show me a working example (with properly constructed conversation object)?
* EDIT *
As Hilton suggested in the answer below, I tried using ConnectorClient directly, but it returns resource unavailable (/v3/conversations)
Here is the code that I am using (it's literally only that, just trying to send demo message):
const path = require('path');
const { ConnectorClient, MicrosoftAppCredentials } = require('botframework-connector');
const ENV_FILE = path.join(__dirname, '.env');
require('dotenv').config({ path: ENV_FILE });
const serviceUrl = 'https://smba.trafficmanager.net/emea/';
async function sendToChannel() {
MicrosoftAppCredentials.trustServiceUrl(serviceUrl);
var credentials = new MicrosoftAppCredentials(process.env.MicrosoftAppId, process.env.MicrosoftAppPassword);
var client = new ConnectorClient(credentials, { baseUri: serviceUrl });
var conversationResponse = await client.conversations.createConversation({
bot: {
id: process.env.MicrosoftAppId,
name: process.env.BotName
},
isGroup: true,
conversationType: "channel",
id: "19:XXX@thread.tacv2"
});
var acivityResponse = await client.conversations.sendToConversation(conversationResponse.id, {
type: 'message',
from: { id: process.env.MicrosoftAppId },
text: 'This a message from Bot Connector Client (NodeJS)'
});
}
sendToChannel();
What am I doing wrong?