Is there a way to directly deploy an iOS app permanently to a device?

Viewed 563

Is it possible to deploy an app for personal use to a single iPhone?

In an ideal scenario I could just install the app from XCode to my device, where it lives permanently alongside my other apps. I don’t need any services besides local notifications, CoreData and preferably on-device file storage. It would be nice to be able to update the app later, but that would have to be without losing local data.

I know there are on-device testing provisions but as I understand it, the app expires after some time (at most a year).

Deployment through the App Store or other layers beyond XCode is not a problem as long as the app doesn’t become publicly available.

1 Answers

There is the Business program. You can deploy as usual but share the application only to specific companies that have enrolled to the business program.
Apple Custom apps
Test flight build expire after 90 days.
Ad-hoc build after 1 year.
Custom apps never.

Related